Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Eye of the Beholder

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

My husband sees me in the morning

Groggy, definitely having a bad hair moment

No makeup

And according to him....I'm beautiful!!!

OK...so he needs glasses I think.  But all kidding aside....he really means it and it blows me away.

If he sees the wrinkles, he knows how each one of them was creased into my aging face. Many matching wrinkles he has earned himself in the same battles. 

Battle scars....all warriors have them.

And my Abba has the best vision of all......and He sees me as beautiful.  How can that be?

I read the Song of Solomon and recognize His love for us expressed there.  Beauty often only He can see. In spite of all my scars of fear and worry....He sees me as beautiful.


 Perhaps the true test of real love.....deep, passionate, lasting love.

Seeing the beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment