Saturday, November 24, 2012

Somewhere in the Background

If you follow this blog....you will know that "being still" is definitely a challenge for me.

And yet....my heart hears almost daily....."Be Still"

It comes from unexpected sources sometimes. But the message is the same...

BE STILL



Recently I was having a long-distance "tea" with a dear friend. It was a particularly vulnerable day...things going on that left my heart wounded and feelings barely hanging onto my sleeve they were so in the forefront.



One situation in particular - the one with the loudest "Be Still" written all over it - came up in our conversation. When I mentioned that I was off and on having a time of it...being still and all.



My friend made a simple comment.  Not like a thundering sermon or "Here's what you have to do!" kind of thing.  Just a comment in our discussion.

But it rocked my world!

Her comment: "Just because you are being still doesn't mean nothing is being done."

WHAT?????

I mean really.....could I be any more arrogant????  To think that if I wasn't doing anything then nothing was happening?  Oh sure....I could SAY that I was trusting Abba to take care of this situation and turn things around. But was I really?  If I WAS, would that comment have hit me right in that vulnerable heart???

Just thinking of that every day since our "tea" keeps me humbled before Abba and so much more aware of how feeble my attempts at resolution would be anyway.  To KNOW that He is working...no matter what it looks like....even though it might be somewhere in the background of the situation.....well let's just say that life is much more peaceful.



Oh I still talk to Him about it.  That's because that situation is never far from my thoughts.  In fact, any "down" time....time when I'm not keeping busy with daily adventures...the second I quiet down - it is there.  But now I see it differently.  I see more of His hand working in it and not my stillness.

So I will remain still... (the lyrics of "Be Still My Soul" by the Imperials are in my head....soothing my heart)



I trust Him....completely....quietly......in stillness.


No comments:

Post a Comment