Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A Sweet Aroma

One of my favorite things about snow storms is that usually it means I get to spend long stretches of time in my studio.  A true joy to be sure!!



These past two days, after about a foot of snow, I've been dyeing fabric for a new art series I will be working on in 2013. It has been quite a while since I last spent days dyeing. The interesting thing to me was how much I enjoy the smell...the aroma...of procion dyes! I know it might sound weird but I think it is because it brings back wonderful memories.

Memories of discovery...discovery of the whole world of art. Yep, it started for me when I dyed my first piece of fabric. And Abba is taking me on a creative journey that seems at times to run full tilt, but with occasional rest periods to reflect and be inspired for the next leg of the journey.



So as I was reveling in the aroma of a studio full of dyed fabric, I was contemplating how such a small thing as an aroma could cause such wonderful emotions to well up in my heart.  The cause of such great joy, fun and excitement!!




And He reminded me of Psalm 141:2

May my prayer be set before you like incense; may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice.


Just think.....  


Our prayers...a sweet aroma before our Heavenly Father.  I believe our prayers, a significant part of our relationship with Him, cause great joy, fun and excitement in HIS heart.

And as great as that is....He doesn't stop there.

2 Corinthians 2:14


But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives in Christ's triumphal procession and uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of Him everywhere.


May all the wonderful aromas that surround us, especially during Christmas...



Baking...Cooking...Greenery...Candles...The Fireplace

Be a sweet reminder of the joy He takes in our prayers and the joy we have in representing Him to the lost world.

1 comment:

  1. Amen. Great pictures today -- the one of four fabrics, is that the fabric you dyed or some you had? The colors and variety of shading really look alot like the Christmas tree picture!

    ReplyDelete